Wednesday, July 7, 2010

On your mark! Get set! Bake!!

Ovens across the country were preheated and in full product development swing today! In Ohio, I'm pretty sure there was butter pecan baking, but I will let Jill fill you in on that! After our normal "Magnus is napping so we can actually hear one another" conversation this morning, we decided that we have vanilla, chocolate and red velvet done! We like the way they taste and they bake up pretty consistently! So it is time to dig deep and expand our flavor horizons! Let's face it...white velvet, dark chocolate and red velvet will not fill a bakery case! I have decided that I love vanilla batter because I love fabulous wrappers and when the batter is dark all the fabulousness of the wrapper is baked away! So there are a hundred million different flavors and things you can add to vanilla to spice it up! I decided to start simple! Chocolate chips!! I figure the appeal of a chocolate chip cookie is that you get the best of both worlds, chocolate and vanilla! I whip up a batch of white velvet batter and at the last minute fold in some dark chocolate chips!! How could this be bad!? Well, after they baked up to a golden color I pulled them from the oven and found that I was right! This could never be bad!! They are fabulous! The bits of dark chocolate are complimented so nicely in the light sweetness of the white velvet!
I am not going to lie! Ever since my first batch of cream cheese icing I have been hooked! It has a delicious creamy flavor and it is fabulous for piping! Jill has been telling me to make butter cream for a while now! Since today we were getting out of the box, out I went... with butter!! :) I decided a simple butter cream would not suffice with my delectable cake creation! We have yet to concoct a chocolate icing, so today would be the day! Butter, cocoa, vanilla and confectioner's sugar! Voila!! Chocolate magic! It has such a light sweetness and is still creamy without adding weight!! It has the consistency of a nice full mousse! I feel like it polishes off what I know will be a new favorite!! I would love to make you the next batch of White velvet chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate butter cream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment