Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vanilla is defianently not plain !!!!

Again I am on the quest to find a perfect vanilla cupcake. One that consistant everytime. One you can add anything to and will come out perfect.

This quest is not easy...and after research, I am not the only baker with this delema. After all what is a bakery if you cant conquer the vanilla.....:)
Last night I thought I had found it. The recipe was beautiful....the batter was beautiful...I gently filled the tins and popped them into the oven. This is it I said my search is over. I wasn't going to look until the timer sounded, but I did.
I turned on the light and watched them rise gracefully. As they reached the top, a giant bubble ascended and popped, and they crashed right to the bottom of the tin. If that wasn't bad enough they were not coming out of the tin. I didn't even bake the rest. All went into the trash including the recipe.
I have learned over and over that vanilla is picky, fussy, dainty.....a pain. But I love vanilla so the quest continues and it wont beat me. I will find the perfect ones......Vanilla part two is in the oven as we speak.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment