Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank You !!!!

First and foremost.....Thank you to my very first paying....yes, paying customers. Thank you for loving the cupcakes enough to buy them.
I must say...our cupcakes are made with love and care. I know Amanda feels the same way, they are like our little babies...but, babies that will be thrown in the garbage if you don't come out right...lol.
Freshness is key and we fret over timing. So the adventure began......The first order needed to go out at 7 in the morning. The dilemma was, do I get up at 3 or do I make them really late at night. Ray opted for me, really late at night.
I waited until everyone was in bed to start. That was around 11. Stout cupcakes came out great. You still need to wait for them to cool before you frost. I don't make the butter cream ahead because it will start to set. Vanilla was stubborn. It always amazes me that you can use the same recipe over and over and it will still crash now and then....first batch into the trash. Second one came out great...go figure.
At 1:30 Ray came down stairs and scared me to death, you just don't sneak up on a baker late at night. I am standing there with my snow cap on...I don't have hair nets so I put it on and tuck all my hair in. It looks like I am going to rob the cupcakes.
2:30 everything was cleaned up, but I continued to worry about those babies out on the service porch. It is nice a cool out there.
Worries for nothing....Everyone seemed to like them and I love to make them.
Thank you again and keep the orders coming. It was to late for pictures so I will post some next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment